South West London
Our vision for maternity services in South West London is to provide consistently high quality and financially sustainable maternity services delivered by a workforce that is equipped, skilled and confident to support and care for women, babies and families.
Our vision is that all maternity services across South West London fulfil the following objectives:
- Prepares women and their partners for pregnancy, labour, birth and parenthood through education and up-to-date, evidence-based information
- Provides care to women as individuals, with a focus on their needs and preferences, for both physical and mental health
- Invests in improving continuity of care and carer, with a strong emphasis on midwifery-led care for normal pregnancy and birth
- Provides care which meets the clinical quality standards for all women and their babies
- Values and takes on board feedback from the women, their families and the local community we look after and their families in order to drive continuous improvement in the quality of care
The following Clinical Commissioning Groups are responsible for funding NHS services in your area and also commission maternity services:
Maternity services in South West London are provided by the following providers:
- Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Kington Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- St Georges University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Each hospital provides a combination of services and offers women birth in varied settings. All hospitals in South West London have an alongside midwifery led birth centre, obstetric labour ward and home birth service.
We have developed the My Maternity Journey - Helping you decide where you want your care booklet to help you decide where to go for your maternity care.
Accessing maternity services
To use maternity services in South West London, you can ask your GP to refer you to a hospital of your choice. Alternatively, you can self-refer by completing a form on the site for the hospital you would like to go to. Referral links can be found here:
Maternity Voices Partnerships
If you would like to share your experiences and contribute to the development of local services, you can become a member of your local Maternity Voices Partnerships. A Maternity Voices Partnership is a team of women and their families, commissioners, service providers (midwives and doctors) working together to review and contribute to the development of local maternity care.
Maternity Voices Partnerships in South West London meet regularly during the year to discuss local services and how they can be improved; share experiences and ideas of how to improve services; and to feedback on proposed service development and delivery.
For more information visit: http://nationalmaternityvoices.org.uk/
How to provide feedback
Each of the hospitals in South West London has its own Patience Advice and Liaison Service and this service is a platform by which comments and complaints can be collected and investigated, whilst connecting women with appropriate services to answer their concerns and questions. https://www.myhealth.london.nhs.uk/advice-patients