South West London
Our vision for maternity services in South West London is to provide consistently high quality and financially sustainable maternity services delivered by a workforce that is equipped, skilled and confident to support and care for women, babies and families.
Our vision is that all maternity services across South West London fulfil the following objectives:
- Prepares women and their partners for pregnancy, labour, birth and parenthood through education and up-to-date, evidence-based information
- Provides care to women as individuals, with a focus on their needs and preferences, for both physical and mental health
- Invests in improving continuity of care and carer, with a strong emphasis on midwifery-led care for normal pregnancy and birth
- Provides care which meets the clinical quality standards for all women and their babies
- Values and takes on board feedback from the women, their families and the local community we look after and their families in order to drive continuous improvement in the quality of care