Tommy's provides accredited midwife-led pregnancy health information for parents-to-be, and funds research into the causes of pregnancy loss.
Tommy's provides information and support to empower parents during pregnancy. They provide evidence based, expert and user led, accessible pregnancy information to support expectant parents in understanding what they can do to support a healthy pregnancy.
Pregnancy is a huge learning curve for women. Suddenly, their behaviour, diet and lifestyle will affect the health of another person - their baby. And not just as they grow in the womb, but potentially through childhood and beyond. Empowering women by giving them the information they need during pregnancy can make pregnancy safer and a whole new generation healthier.
The pregnancy information service:
- is led by a team of Tommy's midwives
- is guided by our National Pregnancy Information Service Advisory Board, a group of senior representatives from midwifery and obstetrics that includes representatives from RCOG, RCM, NHS and Department of Health.
- includes a comprehensive website, a midwife-led Facebook page and an app for parents of premature babies
- is user-led and evidence-based
- is accredited by the NHS England Information Standard Scheme.
If you’re looking for advice from the midwives, call the pregnancy line on 0800 014 7800 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.