Urgent care centres
For advice on a health problem, call 111, free from any phone, 24 hours a day seven days a week.
NHS Urgent Care Centres provide access to assessment and treatment if you need help with a health problem that is urgent, but not life-threatening.
Minor health problems such as coughs and colds can be treated by your local pharmacist.
Urgent Care Centres offer assessment and treatment for health conditions such as:
- Minor burns or scalds
- Minor head injuries
- Skin infections or animal bites
- Suspected broken bones, sprains and strains
- Eye infections or minor eye injuries
Urgent Care Centres are not appropriate for:
- Non-urgent treatment that could be treated by your GP
- Routine services such as blood tests or wound dressing / suture removal